Emotional Support Animal

Hello to all my readers. This post is more of a question than anything.

Since my hospitalization last year, I have been trying to find out how to get Rockee registered to be an ESA. I want to guarantee that she will be with me as long as she lives. She is good for my disabilities. She’s helping me remain calm and not cut most of the time, I need her.

So, my question is, how do I do it? I’ve gotten very mixed reviews on Facebook as to how to go about it. I’ve been told, and research found, that all I need is a letter or prescription for her, stating that she helps with my disorders and is good for me to have with me at all times. I’ve been told that I need to register her with the national registry thing, but then was told that it’s a scam. So, for any of my mental health professionals out there, do you know how to go about this? It’s necessary. I have to have her with me. So if anyone can help, information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Eros N Psyche


About Preslee

I am diagnosed with Bipolar 2 Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Panic and Anxiety disorders, and PTSD. I write about my own personal experiences and thoughts.

Posted on April 30, 2014, in Life, Mental Health, Support and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.

  1. I am not a mental health professional, but I was flying on an airline a week ago that said they allowed emotional support animals and I asked them what kind of certification they required to allow such a thing. The woman working said they require a letter from your doctor stating that the animal is an emotional support animal with details on exactly what areas the animal is helping. She also said the letter needed to be written within one year of the date of your flight.

    I think if you are having trouble finding out how to get a certification, it might be beneficial to look up what most agencies require you to have in order to allow your emotional service animal in their business/airline/transit system, at your job, etc. By seeing what most agencies require, you can make sure you have the documentation you need to be covered. Hope that helps, and thanks for bringing this up because it is something I am interested in as well!

Your Thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: